Welcome to the City of Lowell Fire Department Website
Lowell Fire Department was founded as an all-volunteer department in 1973. The department has evolved to what is now a full-time department staffed 24/7 with 27 sworn firefighters. Operational services provided include fire suppression, fire investigation, fire prevention, and community education programs, emergency extrication, and paramedic level emergency medical response and transport. These services are provided using state of the art apparatus, rescue, and fire / EMS equipment. The department currently operates from two fire stations. We serve an area of 27 square miles with a population of approximately 13,000 residents. We respond to 1000 – 1100 calls annually.
It is the Vision of the Lowell Fire Department to be known for unequaled customer service. In doing so, we strive to become a model for superior delivery of emergency services which improve the quality of life, health, and safety of those living and working in our community. We do this through professional development, dedication, honesty, integrity, professionalism, and respect for all.
The mission of the Lowell Fire Department is to provide exceptional emergency services to protect the life, property, and environment of our citizens and community.
The Lowell Fire Department believes the keys to accomplishing this mission are:
- Maintaining a state of readiness for all emergencies
- Striving for excellence through a progressive and comprehensive training program
- Effectively leading community interactions through risk reduction and education
- Living our core values of COMMITMENT, SAFETY, INTEGRITY, HONOR, and COMPASSION
- FOR DUTY TO OUR COMMUNITY
- FIRST IN ALL THAT WE DO
- IN THE WAY WE LIVE OUR LIVES ON AND OFF DUTY
- IN OUR SERVICE TO OTHERS
- FOR ALL THOSE WE SERVE WITHOUT PREJUDICE
We are proud and excited to serve the citizens and visitors of our community of Lowell. Please explore our page, and feel free to contact us if you need anything.